April 4, 2012

Tallahassee and Registering

It was two days before our engagement picture session, so JD and I headed to Tallahassee to do some shopping. We were still trying to decide exactly what we were going to wear. A full morning of shopping proved unsuccessful and we decided to make outfits we already had work.

While we were there we figured we should go ahead and do some registering. We knew that we wanted to register at both Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond, neither of which are located in Valdosta. We started out with Macy's since we were already at the mall. Let's just say that registering is a lot more overwhelming that one would think.

JD and I already live together, and before he moved in I already had "everything" to start a home. However, the things I have are old busted up six year old things from Walmart. Example: a six dollar toaster that managed to melt a bagel wrapper to the side and top. We had to wrap our heads around the fact that it is in fact OK to upgrade and register for "grown up" things. We also realized that everything we have is in fact mine, and he didn't have any say so in picking things... right down to the house we live in! This is going to be our life together so we want to have our own things.

Then came the registry "gun." JD was quite disappointed that it wasn't in fact shaped like a gun :) We set out to zap as many things as we could. Then we became overwhelmed. Who knew there were so many different options of so many different things! We quickly decided to just click anything that looked cool, and figured we could edit the registry online once we got home.



I was definitely having more fun than JD, but I wouldn't have expected it to be any other way. Little girls are raised playing house and picturing themselves having nice kitchen things. JD was more concerned with why we couldn't register for a surround sound system for the TV and new golf clubs. Believe it or not, and my mother is SO proud, I even registered for fine china. Since I was little I have opposed to registering for and owning fine china and crystal. I didn't see the point of it, nor did I understand when I would use it. But, as soon as that registry gun hit my hand, I felt that I needed china. I didn't just need it, but I had to have it!

We left Macy's feeling good, but starting to get tired, and headed over to Bed Bath and Beyond. We walked in and immediately felt overwhelmed. There was a wait to register because they were so busy! After a few moments of walking around we quickly decided to head back to Valdosta and give BB&B another shot on another day. This registry stuff is intense!

No comments:

Post a Comment