June 22, 2012

A Second Dress and a Third Pair of Shoes!

Now don't go thinking anything crazy like a second dress for the reception. I love my beauty of a wedding dress far too much to change out of it after the ceremony. Instead, I'm talking about my rehearsal dinner!

I have "pretend shopped" at ModCloth for ages, but haven't ever had the guts to actually buy anything. That was until I saw this beauty!


I have also been hunting a fabulous pair of pink shoes for a while. I knew that I didn't want to wear stiletto heels since we will be outside and on grass for the ceremony and good part of the reception. I had no interest in aerating the lawn for them, or in falling and breaking my ankle! And without giving anything away about my dress, lets just say everyone agreed that flats would be the way to go. 


I decided quite some time ago (read as before we were even engaged) that I would wear these pink glitter TOMS for the reception.
But I knew I wanted something a little dressier for the ceremony, pictures, etc. Enter a trip to DSW with my mom and the purchase of these.
Noticing a trend?

 
Well now that I had this fabulous new rehearsal dress I figured it was a good excuse for new shoes! I didn't want to do flats since this dress was short, and remember that I didn't want to rock any skinny little heels. So, I searched the internet for months until I finally found these lovelies! DSW to the rescue again!


So that's how I ended up with two dresses, and three pairs of shoes! Anyone who knows me should know that I am NOT the fashion guru in our family as that job usually falls to JD! Who'd have thought I'd have more wardrobe changes than him!

No comments:

Post a Comment