June 8, 2012

Yet Another Dress: The Moms!

While we were in Tallahassee for our first registry trip we started getting texts and phone calls from Karen, JD's mom. She was out shopping and found two dresses that she really liked. She was really worried about buying her dress, because my mom hadn't bought hers yet. We all know that etiquette states that the MOB should buy her dress first. Well, I told Karen that I loved her dress, and that I knew for a fact it was nothing like what my mom was looking for. So she got the green light to go ahead and buy her dress! It's absolutely lovely and looks so great on her!

While I was home for Spring Break I took my mom shopping for her dress. I was hell bent that we weren't going to stop shopping until we found her dress. She wasn't quite so convinced. She saw a dress online and fell in love, but not a single store in GA carried the designer. We were worried that she wouldn't find another she liked as much.

We started the day off at Bravura over at The Avenue at East Cobb. We had HORRIBLE service! It was quite clear they were more interested in devoting the entire staff to help the pageant girl that was in the store trying on several thousand dollar dresses. We had zero help! Never the less, we managed to find a few that we really liked, snapped some pics, and headed on out the door. What a crummy experience!

Next stop was Bride Beautiful, which is where we found the bridesmaids dresses. We went ahead and ordered the girls' dresses, then moved on to trying on dresses for mom. We found one that I loved, but mom just wasn't quite convinced. I started to realize that other dress was still creeping into her mind.

We left without ordering a dress and then headed over to Wedding Angels down the road. We tried on a dress that was similar to the one I loved at the store before. I was convinced. That was it! I loved it! Mom even said she loved it! I even had her convinced to go with a color that I thought would look great, but she never would have tried it. She was walking back into the dressing room when she saw another dress. It could have been twins with the one she originally saw online!

She decided she had to give it a shot, and as soon as she put it on she had tears! We knew it. That was her dress!

I'm so excited to finally have all of the women's fashion behind us! Now it's just up to JD to pick the boy's suits!

No comments:

Post a Comment