October 20, 2012

Showers, Showers, Showers!

It's been a while since I posted. Sue me. I've been busy. I've been sick. It's been whatever.

So far we have had 3 of our 5 main showers, and 1 of my 2 school showers. That's right... SEVEN showers in all!

The first one was my "friends and family" shower. My lovely aunts and my mom's best friend, Mrs. Corrine, hosted this shower at my Aunt Judy's neighborhood clubhouse. We had so much good food, and it was wonderful to see all of my family and friends together. Most of the guests were my parents neighbors and friends from the yacht club, as well as my aunts, my uncle, and my cousins. It seems like all of those people practically helped raise me! This shower was kitchen themed, so JD and I got a lot of recipes and nice supplies for the kitchen! However, I must say that my favorite gift was my Meyers Lemon tree from Allan and Drew! Three of my four bridesmaids were there, and we got to start my bow-quet to carry for the rehearsal! All in all, it was a lovely day!







The second shower was one that we had at my school. The elementary school in Lowndes always have school wide showers for a teacher's wedding, and for her first child. I've been looking forward to this day for years! It was kind of interesting having it at Dewar, especially since I  barely know most of the people that came. However, it's the thought that counts, and my grade level did a wonderful job putting it all together! We got a lot of gift cards, so those will definitely come in handy!




Shower number 3 was with JD's aunts and cousins (all girls). His two aunts hosted, and we played some really fun games! It was my mom's first time meeting many of his family members, and definitely seeing them in their element. Rosie had never met any of them, so it was nice for her to put names to faces. She's definitely heard a lot about them over the past 7 years! This shower included two of the things we really wanted... all new bedding for our master bedroom, and all new bathroom stuff too! Woohoo!





And finally, at least for now, the 4th shower was JD's Parent's Church Friends Shower. This was the biggest shower by far. I think something like 30+ people were there. We went to one of the hostesses' house, mingled about, ate delicious food outside under the stars, then came back in for games and presents! Our cake was really cute, as were the decorations! My bow-quet doubled in size, and we got some wonderful presents! I think most of these people probably just brought stuff to this shower instead of having to haul it all the way down to Valdosta! My parents had never met all of JD's church people, so it was fun to see them get thrown into that mix of people. It's definitely a group where you just have to dive in head first and hope you come out on the other side!





 


So that's all for the showers for now. I have one more this coming weekend at the Swan House in Atlanta, and it is being hosted by some ladies from my church back home. Then in two weekends I have my final shower here in Valdosta, and it is being hosted by my Valdosta girl friends! SO excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment