January 1, 2012

Let the planning begin!

Well, it was inevitable! Getting engaged over the break meant that seeing friends and family to celebrate Christmas became seeing friends and family to discuss wedding plans. I tried my hardest to stay away from planning and just enjoy the engagement, but let's be real, it has consumed my every thought! I'm actually ready to go back to work just to give my brain a planning break!

I will admit to wedding sensory overload! I've already made more spreadsheets than I can count. I have ones for budget, guest list, bridal salons, vendors, you name it. I've probably annoyed every single one of my Pinterest followers by pinning an outrageous number of wedding things. At last count I had 24 wedding related boards! I've looked into and researched a little bit of everything. Bridesmaid dresses, groomsmen attire, vendors, honeymoons, venues, all of it. I feel like I know a little bit about everything instead of a lot about any one thing.

JD is convinced we can have this whole thing planned by February, March at the latest. HA! He doesn't seem to understand the difference in "having ideas" and "planning." He has one definition, and I have another.

However, I will reveal my little secret... I knew a proposal was coming, and I was very prepared.

I give you my collection of magazines and books. I know, I know. You all probably think I'm crazy, and maybe I am, but hear me out. I found an AMAZING coupon online one day that got me a full years subscription to two different magazines for a grand total of... wait for it... $4. Yes. FOUR DOLLARS! That's two magazines each month for a year for a whopping four dollars. JD agreed that this was a deal I couldn't pass up, so the subscription was purchased and I started getting magazines back in October. Let's just say I went a little wedding crazy after the Diamond Dash ;) There are a few other magazines thrown in there that I couldn't resist picking up. Of course The Knot is a delight, but my absolute favorite one so far is Southern Weddings Magazine. I wasn't a fan of the Martha Stewart one. It was too frou frou for me! As for the books, one is borrowed from a friend, one came from my mom, and two were purchased on a shopping adventure to Barnes & Noble with my MOH.

Now, for my pride and joy. The one thing that will end up being my lifeline over the next few months. My mom and JD already know it by two words... "The Book." I had another coupon for Zazzle.com where I was able to custom order this beauty. It's 2.5" with tons of pockets, so I'm hoping it's big enough! This whole things was a custom handmade job, right down to the subcategory divider pages. Oh yeah. Subcategories. I'm THAT OCD. Each section has multiple sheet protectors for magazine clipping ideas, and then super organized printouts for storing all of my info. 

So needless to say, the planning has begun. We have our first meeting in the morning with a possible venue. I don't want to give away too much info, but I'm praying that it all works out! Here's to happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment